Bombay Sandwich

For day 3, my day started with a simple yet delicious Nasta- Bombay Sandwich. This is one of the simplest dishes to prepare for breakfast or mid day snack. Perfect to carry for picnic's  and lunch lunch boxes too. This is one of the dish which is light yet filling.

Mumbai or Bombay has been my Favorite city for long time. Couldn't spend much time there but loved the city, specially the Mumbai monsoon, shopping malls, food and of course I loved the local train journey. You might be thinking what this girl likes Mumbai crowded train journey? But yes I used to enjoy them.

Coming to our post, I  never had Bombay Sandwich when I was in Mumbai, but tried it recently when Srivalli announced this theme for Blogging Marathon. It is  one of the delicious  sandwiches I must say. So please try out and let me know how you liked it. Here goes the recipe.....

                                           


We need:


Bread slices 4
Boiled potato 1 medium
Tomato 1 small
Onion 1 small
Cucumber 1
Butter
Salt to taste
Chaat masala
Green Chutney


Method:


Slice the  boiled potato, onions, tomato and cucumber as shown in the picture.
                                                  

Butter the bread slices and spread green chutney on one side.
Now layer it with potato, cucumber, onion and tomato slices.
Sprinkle some chaat masala on top of the veggies.
                                                   

Now take another bread slice with green chutney on one side and place it on the top as shown below.
Make sure you have applied butter on top and bottom of the bread slices.
Put it in your   grill or sandwich maker to cook until it become  crisp and golden brown.
Once done cut it into 1/2  and serve hot.

                                                     


Check to see what my fellow bloggers are cooking for Blogging Marathon 48.

16 comments:

Varada's Kitchen said...

Never had this in Mumbai but have heard a lot about it. Sounds yummy.

Kurinji said...

healthy and yummy....

Srividhya said...

ahhh. I wish I could grab a piece.

cookingwithsapana said...

Love to eat it anytime. Looks so tasty.

vaishali sabnani said...

Perfectly made sandwich. .love it and a must on every visit to Mumbai.

Padmajha said...

I have seen this in quite a few blogs and its on my to -do list. Nice tea time snack...

Srivalli said...

I love making this..good sandwich

Sneha's Recipe said...

A famous street food of Mumbai.

Unknown said...

Lovely sandwich ,looks perfect

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Yum sandwich!

Priya Suresh said...

I can have this sandwich even at midnite, my fav.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan said...

Lovely street food and I would love to dig in right away!

Nisha said...

Perfect Sandwich Sushma. Very tasty..

Pavani said...

What a delicious and filling sandwich.

Suma Gandlur said...

Yum. Mouthwatering sandwich.

Chef Mireille said...

great idea for sandwich