Schezwan Veg Fried Rice

I am a big fan of spicy food, specially when it comes to Chinese and South Indian food. Made this dish couple of month ago when my family was craving for Chinese food. Kids wanted noodles, so made hakka noodles for them and Spicy Schezwan Fried fried rice us me and hubby dear. As I had some Cauliflower in my fridge, made Gobi Manchuria along with  sweet corn soup to make it a complete Indo-Chinese meal.

Schezwan Fried Rice is a Indo-Chinese dish, which I made with home made Schezwan Sauce. If this sauce is ready and handy to you in your refrigerator you can make this spicy and delicious fried rice with in few minutes.Very easy to make with very few ingredients.I have  made this a veg version, but you can also add cooked chicken, eggs, shrimp and any other meat too. This is  the perfect dish for lunch or dinner who loves to have spicy food. Here goes this dish to the 2nd day, Week 4 of BM 58 under the theme "Rice Dishes".




Ingredients:

Long grain rice / Basmathi rice 2 cups
Schezwan sauce 4 to 5 spoons 
Salt to taste
Oil 2 spoons
Carrots chopped 1/2 cup
Green peas 1/4 cup
Green cabbage grated 1/2 cup
Minced garlic 1/2 spoon
Grated ginger 1/4 spoon
Dry red chilies 2(optional)
Soy sauce 1 spoon
Chopped cilantro / coriander leaves  3 spoons


Preparation:

Cook rice as usual, which after cooking becomes  4 cups rice.
Heat a large wok, and add oil.
Once the oil is hot add minced garlic, ginger and red chilies.
Saute for a minute and add chopped carrots and cabbage.
Cook till the raw smell of cabbage disappears.
Now add green peas, i have used frozen green peas here.
Saute for few seconds and add cooked rice.
Also add schezwan sauce, soy sauce and  salt.
Mix everything together and cook on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove and transfer to serving bowl.
Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with any indo- chinese  gravy curry.


Check to see what my fellow bloggers are cooking for BM 58.


8 comments:

Srivalli said...

What a colourful bowl of rice you got there sushma..I love schezwan sauce and used it in different dishes..

pals said...

Mouth watering... Beautiful clicks.

Sowmya :) said...

This looks lip smacking. My husband is a fan of spicy food as well...will try this for sure

Priya Suresh said...

Omg, such an irresistible schezwan fried rice, just want to finish that plate.

cookingwithsapana said...

I love schezwan fried rice.Looks so tempting.

Pavani said...

My husband loves Indo-Chinese dishes and this one fits the bill perfectly -- spicy & delicious.

Suma Gandlur said...

Yummy & spicy. My husband too is a fan of Indo-Chinese food and he loves this.

Harini R said...

My husband is a great fan of Indo-Chinese flavors and I am sure this will make him super happy :)