Egg Biryani -- Presser Cooker Version

Biryani in presser cookers are so easy and quick to prepare. Most of my non veg Biryani's are made in dum style -in Oven. When it comes to eggs it I try to make them in presser cooker most of the time.  This one pot meal is great to carry for lunch boxes or to serve for lunch or dinner at home. It is spring break and we will be going on road trip to our friends place in Ohio. As it is a 8 hr drive I have prepared some thing which easy to eat and a filling dish. My kids love this egg biryani so as my husband. So this dish goes to Day 23 of Mega Marathon theme " Biryani / Pulao / Khichdi recipes with grains". 




Ingredients:


Basmati Rice 2 cups
Boiled Eggs 6
Onion 1 medium sliced
Green chili 2 slit
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Tomato 1 large chopped
Garam Masala 1 tbsp
Bay leaf 1
Cardamom 2
Star Anise 2
Cinnamon stick 1
Cloves 4
Chopped mint 1/4 cup
Chopped cilantro 1/4 cup
Chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tbsp


Preparation:


Wash and soak  basmati rice for 30 minutes.
In a presser cooker heat oil and add boiled eggs ( Make a slit on eggs so that they don't blast )
Add turmeric powder and chili powder.
Fry them for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
Remove and set aside.
In the same oil add all the spices, saute for few seconds and add sliced onions.
Saute till onions turn slight brown.
Now add ginger garlic paste and slit green chilies.
Cook till raw smell disappears.
Now add chopped tomato and salt to taste.
Cook till tomato turn mushy, add soaked rice and fry it for 4-5 minutes.
Now add 3 cups water, chopped mint , cilantro  and boiled eggs.
Give it a stir and cover to cook for 2 whistles.
Wait until the presser is released naturally.
Remove and serve hot with raita.





Recipes so far in this Mega Marathon:



BMLogo





   
   


10 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

Even though I do not eat eggs I am bookmarking the recipe . I love pressure cooker recipes and I shall replace the eggs with baby potatoes . The flavours sound delicious , and the biryani looks lovely .

Suma Gandlur said...

Your biryani sounds flavorful and makes a quick meal even if the eggs are omitted or substituted with something else.

Harini R said...

I am sure the egg lovers will be happy to have this. And even without the eggs, I am sure the spices used make it flavorful.

CookwithRenu said...

This Biryani looks stunning. The rice has cooked so so well and overall the Biryani is just yum.

Sharmila Kingsly said...

This is perfect looking biryani..this can really makes the Sunday lunch look d best...

Gayathri Kumar said...

I love such easy to make one pot meals. The egg pulao looks fantastic. Even I make a similar version but in an open pan.

Srivalli said...

I didn't think you would pressure cook the boiled eggs with rice, that's really fantastic to know! My egg biryani was a layered one, so I will surely try this sometime.

Swati said...

Making biryani in pressure cooker is really a time saver. I too didn't know that we can pressure cook eggs with rice. Liked this one and will surely try out next time when I plan to make it.

Srividhya said...

Love pressure cooker biryanis and this with egg looks so inviting. I hope the road trip was fun and you guyz had a great time.

Kalyani said...

sure treat for egg lovers... I would also like to try this subbing the eggs with either soya chunks or baby potatoes... quick recipe with pressure cooker !...